On-Demand Training: Advanced SharePoint Document ManagementEnroll Now
This online, on-demand course is for anyone who wants to learn how to more effectively organize documents in SharePoint.
This topic can easily become overwhelming and frustrating, and has been known to cause more than a few people to throw up their hands in defeat!
I know this because I’m Greg, the SharePoint Maven, and I’ve seen it before. I’m hoping that, with my help, I won’t ever have to see it again! I love helping my clients discover (and master) the potential of SharePoint. I’ll be your friendly, knowledgeable teacher through every step of this course.
- Limitations of library metadata
- What is a Content Type?
- Content Type Demo
- Content Type Creation Process
- How to create Site Columns
- How to create a Site Content Type
- How to add a Site Content Type to a Document Library
- How to configure a Document Library View
- How to tag documents with Content Types
- How to update Content Types
- How to change the order of columns in a Content Type
- How to hide the Title Column
- How to change the default Content Type
- What is a Document Set?
- Document Set Demo
- Document Set Creation Process
- How to create Document Set Site Columns
- How to activate Document Set feature
- How to create a Document Set Content Type
- How to configure Document Set Settings
- How to add a Document Set Content Type to a Document Library
- How to configure a View for Document Sets
- How to create a Document Set folder
- How to configure a View for Document Set Files
- How to create a view to filter documents across Document Sets
- Document Set Use Cases
- Multiple Content Types in the same library
- Content Type Hierarchies
- Bulk Editing using the Grid View
- Using Content Types across Sites
- Content Type Gallery Overview
- How to create Content Types within Content Type Gallery
- How to publish Content Types from Content Type Gallery to other sites
- How to update Content Types in the Content Type Gallery
How It Works
All it takes is 2 hours of your time — when it fits best into your life — and you’ll be well on your way toward an efficient, innovative document management system.
Enrolling is Easy!
Simply click “Enroll,” create an account, and enter your payment information! From there you’ll be instantly enrolled, and given 4 months of access to this course.
Advanced Document Management Expertise Is Only 2 Hours Away!
SharePoint Online Metadata allows for some sophisticated ways to organize files and folders within SharePoint via metadata tags and content types. However, unlike regular folders, it takes some know-how to set up libraries with the Content Types. This can be confusing at the very least, especially if you try to navigate it on your own!
SharePoint document management may be complex, but I’m confident you can master it! All you need is a friendly, knowledgeable guide.
This Course Is Perfect For You If:
You tried metadata, love it, and want to take it to the next level
You want to learn how to properly set up Content Types for your department or organization
You are the Site Owner and would like to try alternate ways to organize content
You keep running into folder technical limitations of SharePoint
You heard about Content Types and Document Sets but don’t understand the difference
Once You’ve Mastered the Basics With This Course, You’ll:
- Know the difference between Content Types and Document Sets
- Understand how to properly set up Content Types on your site
- Know how to standardize Content Types and Metadata within the whole organization
- Understand advanced ways to structure your document libraries
- Be a pro when it comes to SharePoint’s out-of-the-box advanced document management capabilities
There’s Never Been a Better Day to Jump In!
The longer you wait to enroll in one of SharePoint Maven’s on-demand courses, the longer you’ll be struggling with your SharePoint systems and processes, and the longer you’ll be dealing with stress, frustration, and confusion.
Remember: I’m here to help, and I want to see you succeed. The first step is only a few clicks away!Enroll Now